News of 27 July 2021
PIV confirmed as a notified testing centre and certification body in compliance with the Construction Products Regulation by DIBt
The Testing Institute Locks and Hardware [Prüfinstitut Schlösser und Beschläge Velbert (PIV)], a subsidiary of the Quality Assurance Association Locks and Hardware (Gütegemeinschaft Schlösser und Beschläge e. V.), recently received a new notification according to Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 [Construction Products Regulation (CPR)] from the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBt).
Thus, the PIV may continue to operate as a product certification body as well as a testing laboratory according to the Construction Products Regulation (CPR).
Among the construction products are:
- EN 13830 Curtain walling
- EN 179 Emergency exit devices operated by a lever handle or push pad
- EN 1125 Panic exit devices operated by a horizontal bar
- EN 1935 Single-axis hinges
- EN 12209 Mechanically operated locks and locking plates
- EN 14351-1 Windows and external doors
- EN 14846 Electromechanically operated locks and striking plates
Similarly, with this notice, the Testing Institute is authorised under subsection 2 of Article 46 (1) of Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 to carry out on-site inspections at the customer's premises.
"We are pleased that with this positive decision we can continue to guarantee our high standard in terms of testing and certification," says Andrea Horsthemke, head of the Testing Institute Locks and Hardware Velbert.
Andrea Horsthemke, head of the Testing Institute Locks and Hardware Velbert.